Note: Tolerances are ±.005 unless otherwise noted.
Locking Clips Application Data
Atlee Locking Clips are widely specified where a fuse or ferrule-type resistor, or other similar component, must be securely locked in position against the most severe shock and vibration. They meet the requirements of BuShips RE28F121B and MIL-F-21346. The bail is available in either ejecting or non-ejecting design. These clips are guaranteed to withstand 50 hours of salt spray, per AN-QQ-S-91, without signs of corrosion.
Locking Clips Features
1. Positive, locked holding against shock and vibration.
2. Reduced component heating through greater contact pressure on electrical terminals.
3. Integral solder lug for electrical connection and location.
4. Produced and approved for years under stringent Navy and other military specifications.
Ordering Notes – Part Number Specification
1. Designate finish using appropriate letter as first suffix:
A .0003 thick silver plate, bright finish with water dip lacquer to meet MIL specifications (Standard).
AA .0005 thick silver plate, bright finish with Rhodium flash to meet MIL specifications.
B Cadmium plate, bright finish to meet MIL specification QQ-P-416 Type I Class II
BB Cadmium chromate (clear), to meet MIL specification QQ-P-416 Type II Class II.
C Nickel plate, bright finish to meet MIL specification QQ-N-290 Class I Grade G.
D Bright alloy dip for commercial applications.
2. Available with ejecting or non-ejecting spring. Designate non-ejecting spring by suffix “L”.
3. Solder/position lug may be supplied any length up to 5/8 or may be removed completely. Designate length desired by suffix “M” plus the number of sixteenths. Example: Designate a 3/8 lug as “M6”, Designate complete removal of lug as suffix “N”.
4. Designate removal of “MK” lug with prefix “R” before part number.
5. Designate hot tin dip of “MK” lug with prefix “S” before part number.
6. Designate high voltage applications with prefix “HV” before part number.
7. For optional “E” hole sizes, after the part number, designate suffix “Z” for .261 diameter and suffix “V” for .265 diameter.
8. Example of how to order:
Atlee components are manufactured to current MIL specification revisions.
Material: Spring temper phosphor bronze, QQ-B-750.
Plating: Silver (QQ-S-365), Cadmium (QQ-P-416), Nickel (QQ-N-290 Class I Grade G).
Silver plate, bright finish with lacquer dip; Rhodium flash, bright finish with lacquer dip; Cadmium Plate, bright finish; Nickel plate, bright finish; Bright alloy dip.